Seattle Purebred Dog
"Terms of Adoption"
(This is for SPDR Rescues only. Independent rescuers may have their own forms that are similar).
The following agreement specifies
what we feel is required to provide a safe and loving home for a dog. Please
understand that the details of the contract reflect our concern that both owner
and dog have a happy life together. The
conditions set forth are based on years of experience and a continuing
commitment to see that our rescue dogs find safe and happy permanent homes. We
hope that you will understand that considerable emotional involvement, time and
energy go into insuring that our rescue dogs have the best possible second
chance at life.
If I am successful in the adoption of a dog through Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue I herein promise and agree to the following conditions.
1. To keep this dog in my personal possession, provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, grooming and humane treatment at all times.
2. If this dog has not already been spayed or neutered at the time of adoption, I AGREE TO HAVE HIM OR HER SPAYED OR NEUTERED AT MY EXPENSE within thirty days. Proof of spaying or neutering will be provided in writing to Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue within ten days of surgery. I will not allow this dog to breed or be bred under any circumstances.
3. To procure veterinary care at once if it becomes sick or injured and to keep current all vaccinations against rabies, distemper, parvo, and corona viruses.
4. To provide him or her with an ID tag secured to a collar which will be worn at all times. In addition, SPDR recommends tattooing or micro-chipping as a means of permanent identification.
5. To obey any and all animal control regulations governing the area in which I live, and to license this dog according to such regulations within one month of adoption.
6. Not to sell, trade, transfer ownership, abandon, or dispose of this dog in any way, but to notify SPDR if I must relinquish custody of the dog. This includes release to family members.
7. To allow an SPDR representative to examine the dog and its living conditions and to surrender it to said representative for return to the organization if the conditions are found unsatisfactory.
8. To assume full responsibility for this dog's actions, and for any damage done by this dog.
9. To keep this dog as my household pet and companion. To insure that when outside and unattended, the dog is in a secure fenced yard or kennel run with adequate shelter from the elements. To exercise him or her on leash within a fenced yard or kennel run or by walking this dog on a leash, and to never allow him or her to run loose without adequate adult supervision. To never chain or tie this dog without being in attendance.
10. In accordance with Washington state law, I agree never to allow him/her to be transported in the open bed of a pickup truck or similar vehicle.
The undersigned hereby agrees to abide by the "Terms of Adoption" listed above.
Sign and return this copy with your Adoption Application. No adopter will be considered without prior consent to the "Terms of Adoption". We suggest you make a copy for your own records.